Types of cupping
Benefits of cupping therapy include increased circulation, elimination of stagnant blood, sedation of the nervous system, stimulation of the digestive system, and removal of lactic acids and toxins from the muscles. Additionally, cupping is also effective against depression, lethargy, anxiety, body aches, high blood pressure, and chronic joint conditions.
Types of cupping
Wet or Hijama
As it is known in the Middle East is a therapy that uses disposable plastic cups which are applied to the areas of treatment, left on for a few minutes then removed. After which small scratches are made to the skin with a disposable lancet and then the cups are placed back on the treatment area for a second time. This second step may be repeated.
Is done with glass cups that are sterilized after each use or silicone cups. Dry cupping used the negative pressure created by the vacuum of the cup draws up skin, subcutaneous tissue and muscle layers a few millimetres into the cups and encourages blood flow.
The cups can be left in one place on the skin or moved around as part of massage cupping. The treatment can be utilised to influence the movement of bodily fluids such as lymph fluid, venous drainage and the reduction of stagnant flow.
As the treatment uses negative pressure it lifts up muscles and tissues rather than pressing down on them like in conventional massage, it enables the treatment to massage tissues from the inside out. This has beneficial effects on muscles, fascia and skin as well as influencing the deeper organs.
Also known as massage cupping. This is done by applying an oil to your skin as to allow the cup to move freely, causes ease of gliding and less skin pinching. Gliding cupping stimulates your relaxing parasympathetic nervous system, releases relaxing and soothing substances from your body, such as endorphins.
Gliding cupping is helpful for stress relief, muscle spams, lymphatic drainage and stimulating your immune system, plus stimulating the blood circulation by increasing the surface skin circulation.
30 minutes $75
Initial consultation 30 min: including filling forms and getting an initial physical exam and assessments – 70$
Over the years, toxins from the environment, processed foods, and chemical additives, accumulate in our blood, tissues, and muscles. Detox cupping helps to drain excess fluid, loosen adhesions, and encourage blood flow to stagnant tissues to discharge waste. Circulation is increased and harmful toxins are eliminated through the lymphatic system.
50 minutes Wet cupping: $120
Consultation with treatment: $140
Magnetic cupping – 20 min -$60 (per area –knee, foot, back or shoulder)
Foot cupping – 30 min – $85
Dry cupping – 30 min – $85
Dry cupping – 50 min – $110
Kinetic cupping – 30 min – $110
Decompression cupping 30 min- $70
Lymphatic draining 30 mins – $70 (choice of head and neck, back, front of body)
Destress gliding: 45 mins – whole body $110
Dry Needling - $120
Dry Needling is a 3,000-year-old healing technique of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It involves the insertion of very thin needles through the skin at strategic points on your body, to various depths. Dry Needling is most commonly used to treat pain.
Acu-Cupping - $165
The combination effects of both acupuncture and cupping in one fully therapeutic treatment.
Facial Cupping Rejuvenation30-Minutes
- Facial cupping helps to rejuvenate and maintain a youthful appearance without the use of painful injections. Small cups vacuum and lift facial tissue to increase circulation, plump fine lines, and smooth wrinkles. Facial cupping can also be used alternatively to relieve the uncomfortable symptoms of TMJ, sinus infection, or inflammation.
- For optimal results it is recommended to have 2 treatments a week for 2 weeks.
- Gold standard – advanced facial plus derma roller (which you keep)
- 4 sessions:$800
- 6 sessions:$1000
- Many factors play a role in the formation of cellulite. When blood circulation decreases, fluid is retained and waste is trapped, which can cause the dimpling effect we recognize as cellulite. Light negative pressure encourages waste drainage while heavier cupping suction stimulates circulation of affected areas. Regular treatments may provide the best results in cellulite reduction in 2-3 weeks.
- For optimal results it is recommended to have 2 treatments per week for 6 weeks.
- 12 sessions for the price of 11 –
- *add acupuncture to any session for an additional $30
Abdominal cupping relieves symptoms of IBS and other digestive irregularities. The cups stretch the walls of the abdominal organs getting rid of stagnant waste while promoting the overall activity of the digestion system expected results within 24-75 hours.
- Over the years, the shoes we wear and our active lifestyles can lead to plantar fasciitis or other foot ailments. This treatment uses vacuum cupping, bio-magnetic reflexology and dynamic cupping to stretch the fascia and drain tissue debris from the foot and lower leg to relieve tired, achy feet and improve overall well-being.
Dry / magnetic:8 sessions
- Dry or magnetic 8 sessions for $500 ($80 savings)
Personal Training (currently not available)1 hr
- Personal training is not only for losing weight and getting fit – it also helps with increased mobility which is an undeniable benefit for the aging process. We specialize in targeting training to help patients achieve increased strength, stability and stamina.
- $70 an hour – packages available upon request
Massage Therapy (currently not available)1 hr
- Massage therapy has proven health benefits of not only stress relief but overall well-being. Our massage therapist works closely with Dr. Sharaf to offer a complimentary service for your overall health and well-being.
- $90 an hour – packages available upon request